Saturday, February 13, 2016

Welcome to the Cornfield

Howdy, folks.

For those of you that don't know, my name is Charlie Morgan and I've been writing scary stories for several years. My work has appeared in numerous anthologies, ebooks and paperbacks. My first nonfiction book is set to be released in the near future by Back Roads Books. You can find information on all of these over at my other site.

My Best Fiend is a project that I've wanted to do for a long time and involves some of my favorite horror elements - scarecrows, Halloween and '80s style slashers. The first chapter will go live this coming Friday (2/19/16). Until then, here's the synopsis to tide you over.

Tammy is a young autistic girl who spends her days fending off bullies and, worst of all, her abusive family. All she has ever wanted is someone she could call a true friend, someone to talk to and share her life with.

Her wish is soon granted in the form of a dusty old scarecrow that resides in the cornfield near her house. Though the friendship is imaginary, their bond grows stronger with each passing day.

And so does the scarecrow.

The first of the mysterious events were small. Tammy began finding gifts at the scarecrow's feet. Then things took a frightening turn when Tammy's tormentors began disappearing.

Hell has come home.

My Best Fiend is presented here as a totally free serial. New chapters will be posted every Friday.

I hope you enjoy this twisted little tale. Be sure to tell your friends, loved ones, neighbors, pets, enemies, victims, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment